Who are we looking for?
The recently stablished Sustainable Artificial Intelligence Research Unit (SAI RU) is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about Sustainable Artificial Intelligence Research Unit click here and https://supercom.cttc.es/
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or closely related fields. We offer a postdoc position to work in the context of the Research and Innovation projects of the SAI RU. The candidate will carry out research activities on topics related to 5G technology applied to augmented reality, 5G testbeds & proof-of-concepts and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Who are we?
The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute benefits and medical insurance), continuous training.
The CTTC is located in the Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
What we offer?
- We offer a postdoc fix term contract is offered until August 2023. The contract is renewable subject to performance and budgetary constraints.
- The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. More information about CTTC professional categories.
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- The starting date is flexible from May 2022
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the next skills.
- PhD degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills.
- Good knowledge of 5G technology and trends such as RAN virtualization, NFV, Network slicing and AI driven communications.
- Implementation skills with Free Open Source Software (FOSS) for 5G Networks, e.g. Kubernetes, Linux networking, Open5GS, OpenAirInterface, OSM or OpenStack.
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of machine learning, optimization or statistics.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Knowledge of O-RAN or 3GPP standards.
- Career distinctions.
- Basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020.
How to apply?
Researchers interested in joining the SAI Research Unit should send their curriculum vitae in PDF format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
Applications should include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of two references
- PhD Degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.