Who are we looking for ?
CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a R4-Director of Research permanent position, either to work in any of its research areas https://www.cttc.cat/research-units/ or, to initiate a new research line with vision for the future and that complements them well.
What do we offer?
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- The position corresponds to the R4 (Research Director) professional category at CTTC.
- The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience
- We offer a permanent contract. 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- The starting date is flexible from October 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of the R4 category (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Categories-professionals-unificades-1.pdf). Among them, the next ones are stand out:
- Proven experience in the scientific promotion, management and leadership of R&D projects.
- Proven ability to guarantee the long-term funding of research projects based on their scientific-technical reputation.
- Proven experience with the training of persons under his/her supervision and/or management and, as the case my be, their current professional relevance.
- Excellent communication abilities and relations with the research community.
- Excellent publication track record.
- Development of a strategic vision of the future in the area of wireless communications.
- Proves of long term vision
- List of relevant IPR contributions, and in particular, royalty contracts.
- Substantial and innovative contribution in her/his field and implications in other research fields, firmly substantiated by a list of publications and other scientific technical contributions (H-index, patents, etc…)
- Having an international reputation that is based on excellence or relevance
- Ability to create an innovative and comfortable environment that attracts other researchers with similar reputations
- An active person who takes care of the professional development of their colleagues.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- Full CV, with applicant’s full contact details and including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of two referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/WILL BE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION.*
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (Taxa de reposició) publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.