Who are we looking for ?
The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about the PONS Research Unit click here (https://www.cttc.cat/packet-optical-networks-and-services-pons/).
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, empathic person, with passion for research and desire to learn and explore new technologies, aiming at significantly improving her or his professional career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
The successful candidate will join the PONS research unit to carry out research in topics and participate in projects tackled by the RU related to software defined networking (SDN), and network function virtualization (NFV).
What do we offer? :
- We offer a Research position in the framework of the Spanish UNICO-5G projects, SUCCESS-6G (Servicios vehiculares robustos, seguros y computacionalmente eficientes en 6G), TSI-063000-2021-39, TSI-063000-2021-40 and TSI-063000-2021-41 with duration till 31/12/2024.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate.
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R2. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf). Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements
- Tenure track: Career progression with possibility of stabilization trough permanent contract
- Prospect start date: 01/11/2023
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week (2 fixed + 1 upon request). Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant must hold a MSc degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, computer science, or closely related fields, and should have the competencies of R2 category.
- Required qualification/skills/ experience:
– Software defined networking (SDN)
– Network function virtualization (NFV)
– Knowledge of Containers and Kubernetes
– Good publication record in journals and conferences
– Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
– Knowledge of security management architectures for SDN/NFV networks.
– Hands-on experience in SDN/NFV/Cloud software platforms
– Programming skills in one of Python, Java, or C/C++ languages
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply. The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- MSc degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially