Who are we looking for?
The recently established Geomatics Research Unit (GM RU) is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher director position. For more information about the Geomatics Research Unit click here: http://geomatics.cttc.es/.
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Geomatics, Telecommunications, Information Engineering, Computer Science or closely related fields and research experience at senior level. We offer a position to work in the context of the Remote Sensing group of the GM RU.
The candidate is expected to be a leader in his/her research field and able to lead international researcher teams. The candidate will carry out research activities on topics related to Active Remote Sensing.
What do we offer?
We offer a permanent contract, in the mode of distinguished researcher.
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- The position corresponds to the R4 professional category at CTTC.
- The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience.
- Full-time contract :. 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- The starting date is flexible from July 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person. The successful applicant should have the next skills.
- PhD degree in Geomatics, Telecommunications, Information Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Having past an evaluation corresponding to the I3 certificate
(https://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-A-2021-20304), in the modality of distinguished researcher.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills.
- Publications with a high number of citations or impact.
- Proven experience in the scientific promotion, management and leadership of R&D projects that are attractive to other researchers with similar reputations.
- Proven ability to guarantee the long-term funding of research projects based on his/her scientific-technical reputation.
- Long list of persons trained under his/her supervision or management.
- Excellent communication abilities and relations with the research community, especially in the production sector.
- Development of a strategic vision of the future in the research area.
- Good knowledge of Active Remote Sensing.
- Experience with space-borne Differential SAR interferometry.
- Experience with ground-based SAR and RAR.
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry.
- Experience in international research centres.
- Career distinctions.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- Full CV, including a list of publication
- PhD degree
- I3 certificate
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION.*
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (Taxa extraordinària de reposició) publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC has been working towards implementing the points of the Charter and Code (C&C), fulfilling the requirements of the “Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)” (https://www.cttc.cat/talent/hrs4r/).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.