CASTLE PLATFORM ® – Cloud Architecture for STandards deveLopmEnt
CASTLE is a tool for researchers and industry to test, play and develop over different radio standards, directly from the cloud, remotely and without installing any software or requiring dedicated hardware. With CASTLE, it is possible to transmit and receive waveforms of different standards over the air and process them locally or remotely.
CASTLE is offered as licensed service (free, trial or paid) to CTTC staff or industrial partners via licensing system. CASTLE aims to be the tool where the researchers can develop their own algorithms without the need to implement, modify or extend the standard. CASTLE does it for them.
- Develop new enhancements to improve current standards.
- Use standards as benchmarking to their researches.
- Test standards’ performance under new scenarios.
- Analyze standards’ response to new channel models.
- PHY Layer Abstraction to interface with upper layers.
- Plus all tools for industry.
- Obtain waveforms [over the air] of different standards.
- Examine CTTC’s solutions using standard procedures.
- Construct their own scenarios.
- Complete access to intermediate signal processing blocks.
- No critical code is delivered and the partner keeps its IPR.
- Test and measure standards over the air through dedicated hardware.
The external access is achieved by means of life-limited license granted by CTTC. With this access, the researcher can use the Test Bed remotely by the web interface and/or the use of an API, which interfaces between the researcher’s local machine and remote CASTLE Test Bed. The communication between the researcher and the CTTC is ciphered using a 128-bit AES standard.
- Single powerful platform that provides multi-standard validation.
- Cloud software solution.
- Radio Systems
- Coming soon: 5G NR Rel. 15.
- LTE-A Pro Rel.13, Broadband Global Access Network (BGAN), DVB-S2X, Visible Light Communications (Li-Fi).
- AI Cluster
- GPUs with +2800 cores (+40 Gbps)
- 40 CPUs
- Remote management and interaction.
- Open API to manage the remote connections, in C++, MATLAB and Python.
- Allows to debug any intermediate signal processing block to embed own algorithms.
- Easy scenario configuration.
- Opened interface to upper layers. Primitives to be called by MAC layer.
- Flexible modification of standards’ parameters.
- Easy reconfiguration and on-fly reconfiguration (MODCOD optimization).
- PHY Layer abstraction to interface with upper layers.