Who are we looking for?
The recently stablished Services as networkS (SaS) Research Unit, a part of the former Mobile Networks department of the Communication Networks Division of the CTTC, is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position.
For more information about Services as networkS (SaS) Research Unit click here.
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science. We offer a temporary position to work in the projects of the SaS Research Unit carrying out research activities on topics related to testbed federation and virtual network function placement.
Who are we?
The Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC) is a self-standing, public sector non-profit research institution devoted to fundamental and applied Research activities, mainly focused on technologies related to the physical, data-link and network layers of communication systems, and to the Geomatics.
In November 2015, the CTTC obtained the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
We have great benefits for employees: work-life balance measures (33 working days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible working hours); paid sick, maternity and paternity leaves; Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, kindergarten, health insurance and transport), Continuous training
The CTTC is in the Mediterranean Park of Technology in Castelldefels, a scientific parc that hosts the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, and innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and to Castelldefels city center, also close to kindergartens, public and top international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and several bus lines.
We have 2 buildings in the campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable working spaces, meeting and multi-purpose rooms and social spaces.
The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical, and administrative staff) from all over the World.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
The required skills and experience are:
- General skills
- Good knowledge of current technology trends in 5G and Beyond such Network slicing, data driven communications, virtualization and SDN/MEC/NFV (10 points)
- Implementation skills with Free Open Source Software (FOSS) for 5G Networks, e.g. OpenStack, Kubernetes, Linux networking, OpenAirInterface, OSM, OpenDaylight, ONAP, etc. (10 points)
- Good knowledge of Radio Resource Allocation and Management (10 points)
- Strong oral and written English communication skills and a strong publication record (5 points)
Specific technical and development skills
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of network optimization or machine learning (5 points)
- Knowledge of the ETSI (ZSM, ENI) or ORAN or 3GPP standards (5 points)
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage (5 points)
- Basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g. EC-H2020 (5 points)
What we offer?
A full-time 12-month fixed term contract is offered. The starting date is flexible from April 2022.
The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. More information about CTTC professional categories.
How to apply?
Researchers interested in joining the SaS Research Unit should send their curriculum vitae in PDF format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration for the position.
Applications should include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of two referees
- PhD Degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially. Since the publication date, the offer will be open during one month.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.