Who are we looking for?
The Geomatics Research Unit (GM RU) is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about the Geomatics Research Unit visit https://www.cttc.cat/geomatics-gm/.
We offer a 3-year predoctoral full-time position (Predoctoral Llei de la Ciència) in the frame of the EU Horizon Europe Marie Skłodowska-Curie Doctoral Networks MSCA-DN Project SMILE (MultidiSciplinary and MultIscale approach for coupLed processes induced by geo-Energies, Grant Agreement No. 101073281). The candidate will carry out research activities on topics related to Interferometric SAR data analysis. The preliminary title of the PhD is: “Quantitative ground deformation monitoring based on advanced Differential Interferometric SAR (DInSAR) techniques”.
What do we offer?
- We offer a temporary contract.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- CTTC category: R1. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf.
- Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements.
- Prospect start date: April 2023.
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more.
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week. Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance.
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and families.
Qualifications and Experience
- Required qualification/skills/experience:
- A master degree in Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Good academic track.
- Good basis in mathematics and physics.
- Good programming skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills.
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Previous experience in international research centres.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence fundamentals.
- Career distinctions.
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan.
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply. The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees.
- The MSc degree.
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.