Who are we looking for?
The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, empathic person, with passion for research and desire to learn and explore new technologies, aiming at significantly improving her or his professional career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
The successful candidate will join the PONS research unit to carry out research in topics and participate in projects tackled by the RU related to open-source SDN, NFV, Zero-touch network and service management (ZSM), and cloud-based software platforms, architectural microservice-based software design, development and integration, experimental set-ups, and performance evaluations for packet optical networks.
For more information about the PONS Research Unit: https://www.cttc.cat/packet-optical-networks-and-services-pons/
What do we offer?:
- We offer a permanent contract
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R3
More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf). Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements
- Career progression
- Prospect start date: 01/03/2023
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week. Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competencies of R3 category.
- The successful applicant must hold a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, computer science, or closely related fields.
- The position requires a previous experience of three or more years in the Catalan research system.
Required qualification/skills/ experience:
- Technical leadership in open-source projects involving multiple international organizations.
- Hands-on experience in Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Zero-touch network and service management (ZSM), and cloud-based software platforms (OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc).
- Experience in architectural software design and development, specially, microservice-based cloud-native platforms.
- Experience in software integration, experimental set-ups, performance evaluations, and demonstrations at scientific conferences and industrial events.
- Excellent programming skills in at least, Python, Java, and C/C++ languages.
- Algorithm devise, design, development, optimization, and performance evaluation for packet-optical transport networks
- Control and monitoring protocols for transport networks, e.g., NetConf/gNMI, OpenConfig/OpenROADM, OpenFlow, PCEP, BGP, IPFIX, etc.
- Excellent publication record in journals and conferences
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Experience at user and developer level with ETSI OpenSource MANO and ETSI TeraFlowSDN controller.
- Compute accelerators (GPUs, FPGAs, etc)
- Experience in Version Control Software and Issue tracking, e.g. Git, Jira, etc.
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta pública per a l’exercici 2022 com a la taxa conjuntural de conformitat amb l’Acord de Gov/241/2022 de 22 de novembre per la qual s’autoritza l’increment de la plantilla pressupostària en aplicació de la reforma laboral i per a la reducció de la temporalitat en l’ocupació pública. Aprovada pel Patronat del CTTC en data 16/12/2022.
En compliment de la Llei General de Drets de les Persones amb Discapacitat i de la seva Inclusió social s’ acorda la reserva de la plaça en un primer torn per ser coberta entre persones amb un grau de discapacitat igual o superior al 30%
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.