Who are we looking for ?
The recently established Adaptive Processing Technologies (ADAPT) Research Unit, a part of the former PHYCOM department of the Communication Technologies Division of the CTTC, is searching for interested candidates in a R2 Researcher position. The successful applicant will carry out research and development activities on topics related to the joint management of 6G RAN and edge processing solutions. For more information about the ADAPT Research Unit click here.
What do we offer?:
- We offer a permanent contract
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R2
More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements
- Career progression
- Prospect starting date: April 2023.
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more.
- Up to 3 days of Teleworking per week. Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance.
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competencies of R2 category.
- Required qualification/skills/experience:
- PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or closely related field (10 points).
- Previous working experience in industry (10 points).
- Proven implementation skills with C, C++, Python (10 points).
- Knowledge and use of Real-Time Operating Systems (10 points).
- Linux programming skills (10 points).
- Experience with different ARM micro-controllers/processors (10 points).
- GPU programming skills (10 points).
- Hands on knowledge of wireless communications protocols (10 points).
- Proven experience in lab-based experimental validation and testing (10 points).
- Good analytical skills (10 points).
- High degree of autonomy and capability to define technical goals (10 points).
- Strong oral and written skills in English (10 points).
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- At least three years of previous working experience in the Catalan research system (10 points).
- System modelling skills in Matlab (10 points).
- Knowledge of the principles of classic optimization and machine learning methods (10 points).
- Good communication skills (10 points).
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta pública per a l’exercici 2022 com a la taxa conjuntural de conformitat amb l’Acord de Gov/241/2022 de 22 de novembre per la qual s’autoritza l’increment de la plantilla pressupostària en aplicació de la reforma laboral i per a la reducció de la temporalitat en l’ocupació pública. Aprovada pel Patronat del CTTC en data 16/12/2022.
En compliment de la Llei General de Drets de les Persones amb Discapacitat i de la seva Inclusió social s’ acorda la reserva de la plaça en un primer torn per ser coberta entre persones amb un grau de discapacitat igual o superior al 30%
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.