Who are we looking for?
CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a R4-Director of Research permanent position, either to work in any of its research areas https://www.cttc.cat/research-units/ or, to initiate a new research line that complements them well and with vision for the future.
What do we offer? :
- Annual gross salary according to the qualifications and work experience of the candidate.
- Full-time permanent contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- Expected professional category: R4 (Research Director) professional category at CTTC https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf). Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements. In this case the professional category will be based on the qualifications and experience of the applicant according with CTTC professional categories (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- The starting date is flexible from April 2023.
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week. Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
- Career path promotion (either professional category and/or annual gross salary)
- Annual productivity upon performance
- Possibility to complement the salary with personal grants
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of the R4 category (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Categories-professionals-unificades-1.pdf). Among them, the following stand out:
- Proven experience in the scientific promotion, management and leadership of R&D projects.
- Proven ability to guarantee the long-term funding of research projects based on their scientific-technical reputation.
- Proven experience with the training of persons under his/her supervision and/or management and, as the case maybe, their current professional relevance.
- Excellent communication abilities and relations with the research community.
- Excellent publication track record.
- Proves of long term visión of the future in telecommunications and/or geomatics (e.g., wireless communications, satellite communications optical communications, quantum communications or, geomatics, …).
- List of relevant IPR contributions, and in particular, royalty contracts.
- Substantial and innovative contribution in her/his field and implications in other research fields, firmly substantiated by a list of publications and other scientific technical contributions (H-index, patents, etc…)
- Having an international reputation that is based on excellence or relevance.
- Ability to create an innovative and comfortable environment that attracts other researchers with similar reputations.
- An active person who takes care of the professional development of their colleagues.
- Proficiency English
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially.
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022.
En compliment de la Llei General de Drets de les Persones amb Discapacitat i de la seva Inclusió social s’ acorda la reserva de la plaça en un primer torn per ser coberta entre persones amb un grau de discapacitat igual o superior al 30%.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission and successfully passed into the Award Renewal phase in 2023. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code). Our institution’s comprehensive analysis and HRS4R action plan meet all the requirements of progress and quality of our HR policies. CTTC promotes itself as a provider of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers.
- The CTTC is in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools, and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable workspaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical, and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.