Who are we looking for?
The recently established Space and Resilient Communications and Systems (SRCOM) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a software research engineer position. For more information about SRCOM, please refer to https://www.cttc.cat/space-and-resilient-communications-and-networks-srcom/ .
The position is part of the 6GNTN project, funded by the European Commission through the Horizon Europe program. It aims at developing the non-terrestrial components to be part of the future 6G infrastructure. Joining the project, you will have the opportunity to work within a European consortium formed by 15 important industrial/academic partners who are leading the activities to enhance the satellite communications and the current wireless communication systems.
You will join a team of experts on radio technologies to develop a software evaluation tool for the design of efficient mechanisms to manage the available non-terrestrial resources. You will have the opportunity to learn on satellite communication networks as well as the recent trends on artificial intelligence and how to develop a data-driven strategies.
What do we offer?
- We offer an indefinite contract of scientific technical activities
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R1.
More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements
- Tenure track: Career progression
- Prospect start date: 02/01/2023
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development
- Possibility to enroll in a Phd Program (Phd fees paid by CTTC)
- Being part of a consolidated team, with healthy synergies with other teams and disciplines
- Training: learning of current and future non-terrestrial networks trends and how satellite and terrestrial networks (5G/6G) are architected, from the physical perspective to core network functionalities, from theory to practice
- Optionally and in case you are already (or plan to be) enrolled in a master, write a final Master Thesis with all your work done. We can advise and mentor you in this process
- A highly valuable opportunity to gain experience and skills to know how satellite and 5G telephony work
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week (2 fixed + 1 upon request). Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competencies of R1 category.
- Required qualification/skills/ experience:
- BSc in telecommunication, aerospace or similar.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken (at least B2).
- Experience in Python or Matlab programming.
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Holding a Master /PhD degree in Telecommunication or closely related fields.
- Knowledge in wireless mobile networks (including 4G and ideally 5G).
- Strong motivation and desire to learn and explore new technologies
- Knowledge in satellite communications.
- Participation in public-funded/industrial projects.
- Hands-on experience on experimental demonstrations.
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV and the contact details of two potential referees.
- BSc or Ms degree.
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.