Who are we looking for ?
The recently established Services as networkS (SaS) Research Unit, a part of the former Mobile Networks department of the Communication Networks Division of the CTTC, is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position.
For more information about SaS please refer to https://www.cttc.cat/services-as-networks-sas/.
We offer a full-time temporary position to work carrying out research activities on the development and management of CTTC’s networking testbeds and proof-of-concepts, exploring new technologies and their applicability in the scope of the 6G-DAWN UNICO I+D research project, led by SaS.
What do we offer?
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R3 (PhD required). More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link.
- We offer a 12-month temporary position. Renewable until the end of the project.
- Start date: November 2022
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of the R3 category.
- Required qualification/skills/experience:
– PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field (50 points)
– Strong oral and written English communication skills (10 points)
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
– Understanding of technologies and practical knowledge (implementation, deployment, experimentation) of the tools used in the networking testbeds, particularly those derived from open source projects. These may include: (20 points)
- Programmable and Virtual networking (e.g., SDN, NFV, MEC, Prometheus)
- Cloud services, virtualization, service overlays, and related tools (Docker, Virtual machines, OpenStack, k8s)
- Mobile networks (incl. 4G, and ideally, 5G) (e.g., srsRAN, open5GS, openAirInterface)
- Linux operating system (at least administrator-level, ideally kernel-level knowledge)
– Programming and data representation skills and related tools (Python, YAML, JSON, …) (10 points)
– Expertise on algorithmic aspects of resource management in cloud and networking scenarios in a RAN context (incl. the associated transport) (10 points)
– Expertise on the application of artificial intelligence/machine learning to solve optimization problems, with particular emphasis on RAN-related optimization (incl. associated transport). (10 points)
– Experience from participating in national and/or international research projects with partners from academia and industry and basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g., EC H2020 (10 points)
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.