Who are we looking for ?
The recently stablished Navigation and Positioning Unit (N&P) Research Unit is searching for a talented researcher aiming at significantly improving her or his scientific career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
For more information about the N&P Research Unit please refer to https://www.cttc.cat/navigation-positioning/.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, empathic person, with passion for research and desire to learn and explore new technologies. In particular, the successful candidate is expected to investigate novel techniques related to the provision of integrity metrics for unmanned aerial vehicles, in the framework of a European project.
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or similar, or 5 years in the profession that accredit a similar level of experience, competency, and relevance.
What do we offer?
- A full-time 12-month fixed term contract.
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- Start date: October 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field, or a MS degree annd 5 years of experience in a closely related field.
The required skills and experience are:
- Good knowledge of Modern C++ for embedded systems.
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the area of Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
- Implementation skills with Free Open Source Software (FOSS) for software-defined radio (GNU Radio, GNSS-SDR, etc.).
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
Specific technical and development skills
- Familiarity with the integrity concept for air navigation.
- Familiarity with the new Galileo services such as OSNMA and HAS.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree (or expected Ph.D. defense date)
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.