Who are we looking for ?
The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about the PONS Research Unit click here (https://www.cttc.cat/packet-optical-networks-and-services-pons/).
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, empathic person, with passion for research and desire to learn and explore quantum technologies for future networks, aiming at significantly improving her or his scientific career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
The successful candidate will join the PONS Photonic and Quantum Communication Technologies research line to carry out research on quantum key distribution (QKD) to improve the security in 6G open and disaggregated networks, with special focus on efficient and flexible quantum secure solutions easing the coexistence with classical channels.
The researcher shall collaborate with other Research Unit members and external organizations to reach the proposed objectives.
What do we offer?
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- Research position in the framework of the Spanish UNICO-5G project, 6G-OPENSEC-KEYS (Distribución de claves cuánticas para la seguridad en redes 6G desagregadas y abiertas), TSI-063000-2021-61, with duration till 31/12/2024.
- The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- Start date: October 2022
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of R2 category.
The successful candidate must hold a MSc degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or closely related fields and is required to have the following experience/skills:
- Experience in (fiber-based) quantum communications and in particular good knowledge of Quantum Key Distribution
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB and Python
- Experience in optical (fiber-optic) communication systems
- Experience in experimental demonstration
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- Good knowledge of coherent optical transmission techniques
- Familiarity with specific simulation tools for optical systems, such as VPIphotonics
- Knowledge of programmable optical systems
- Hold (by the contract date) a Ph.D. degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or closely related fields.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- M.Sc. degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.