Who are we looking for ?
The Services as networkS (SaS) research unit is looking for an experimental researcher to work over the testbeds of the research unit, including the development and management of testbed/experiment management tools and the realization of proof-of-concepts, exploring new technologies and their applicability in the scope of the H2020 5G PPP research projects where CTTC is currently participating.
More information on the research unit: https://www.cttc.cat/services-as-networks-sas/
What do we offer?
- We offer a permanent position.
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate.
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- CTTC category: R3A (More information: https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf)
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have a PhD in computer science, telecommunications, or related field, with at least one year postdoc experience in research projects. We are looking for a highly-motivated candidate capable of coordinating independent research projects on networking testbeds, as well as demonstrating excellent coordination skills to carry out highly innovative R&D work in collaborative projects together with other researchers.
- Translating the projects requirements into topologies and technologies implementable in the networking testbeds
- Working jointly with the testbed coordinator/s to deploy the required research scenarios as requested by projects
- Designing experiments to highlight research KPIs and produce scientific contributions
- Coordinating experiments with the PIs of research projects and the technicians involved in the networking testbeds
Required skills and experience:
- (30 points) Solid understanding of technologies and practical knowledge of the tools used in the networking testbeds, including:
- Network softwarization, virtualization, slicing concepts
- SDN, NFV (including NFVO, MANO, NVFI, VIM), MEC technologies
- General knowledge of the 5G network architecture
- Linux operating system knowledge
- VM, Container, Microservices and related tools (including OSM, docker, k8s, Prometheus, Grafana …)
- Experience in fog/edge/cloud deployments
- Network management concepts and tools
- Scripting and automation languages (Shell script, Python, …)
- Cybersecurity (particularly network security)
- (10 points) Research-oriented and results-focused vision, including good publication record
- (10 points) Experience in Spanish, EU or other public-funded ICT-related projects
Other highly valued merits
- (+10 points) Having been awarded a competitive grant for doing research
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
Convocatòria corresponent a l’addenda de l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (Taxa de reposició) publicada al DOGC núm. 8705, de 8 de juliol de 2022.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.