- Assignment Unit: Teoria Senyal i Comunicacions UPC. ICREA Academia de la Dra. Ana I. Pérez Neira, Directora del CTTC
- Profile: Researcher in Training
- Project: “Physical layer design for the satellite segment of 6G communications”
- Mission: Carry out the research tasks of a new and specific project in the field of affiliation developing research in 3D communications by satellite networks, supporting an ICREA Academia – Research in 3D.
- Functions to be develop: Carry out the thesis in signal processing for 3 Dimensional communications in satellite networks.
- Call information: https://rdi.upc.edu/ca/uaslr/vols-dedicar-te-a-la-recerca/ofertes-predoctorals/convocatories-especifiques-upc/convocatories-predoctorals-obertes
Qualifications and Experience
- Be in possession of the official Spanish university degree, or degree considered equivalent in foreign university systems, which gives access to doctoral studies in accordance with the provisions of article 6 of Royal Decree 99/2011 of 28 January which regulates the official doctoral studies.
- Be in possession of an official Spanish university degree, or another member of the European Higher Education Area, which qualifies for access to the master’s degree in accordance with the provisions of article 16 of the Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October, and having passed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in all official university studies, of which at least 60 must be at the master’s level.
- Be in possession of an official Spanish graduate degree, the duration of which, in accordance with the rules of Community law, is at least 300 ECTS credits, with the obligation to take additional training as established by the Article 7.2 of Royal Decree 99/2011 of 28 January, unless the curriculum for the corresponding degree includes research training credits.
- Be admitted to a Doctoral program at the time of submitting the application
- Degree: Telecommunications Engineering
- Master: Telecommunications.
- Optimization and / or data processing in communications.
- Satellite networks.
- Terrestrial communications networks.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Catalan, Spanish and English (reading, speaking, writing)
- Programming languages. MatLab, Phyton, …
- Optimization techniques.
- Organizational Skills
- Writing scientific articles.
- Interest in research.
Experience in functions similar to those described, specifically, in the development of research activities, both in the university and industrial environment, will be valued.
How to apply?
- Interested people should fill out the form*: https://seuelectronica.upc.edu/ca/Tramits/Convocatoria_i_concursos_personal_recerca_temporal
- Incidents that may arise during the registration of the candidacy must be reported to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the form, in the comments section, it is essential to specify: title and director of the thesis.
- Deadline for submitting applications: 30/09/2022
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA THE FORM WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC has been working towards implementing the points of the Charter and Code (C&C), fulfilling the requirements of the “Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)” (https://www.cttc.cat/talent/hrs4r/).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.