Who are we looking for?
The recently established Adaptive Processing Technologies (ADAPT) Research Unit, a part of the former PHYCOM department of the Communication Technologies Division of the CTTC, is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about the ADAPT Research Unit click here.
We offer a full-time temporary position to work in the context of the Spanish Grant FREE6G-RegEdge, TSI-063000-2021-144.
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science and will carry out research and development activities on topics related to the joint management of 6G RAN and edge processing solutions.
What do we offer? :
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R2B, R2C or R3A, according to profile. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link.
- We offer a 24-month fixed term contract
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
The required skills and experience are:
- Implementation skills with C, C++, Python.
- Experience in programming ARM-based microcontrollers and embedded SoC devices.
- Experience in GPU programming (e.g., Nvidia).
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems.
- Experience in kernel-space Linux programming.
- Experience with wireless transceivers (e.g., LoRa, WiFi, Bluetooth).
- Previous working experience in industry
- Hands on experience with lab-based experimental validation and testing using hardware setups or testbeds.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- High degree of autonomy and capability to define goals with the project team.
- Good communication and writing skills.
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- At least two years of previous working experience in the Catalan research system.
- System modelling skills in Matlab.
- Knowledge of the principles of classic optimization and machine learning methods.
- Feeling comfortable with making use of standards (e.g., 5G RAN, MEC or others).
- A candidate willing to blend his/her expertise with ADAPT’s hardware accelerated technologies team.
- Participate or drive publication efforts.
- Experience in participating in national and international projects with partners from academia and/or industry is also an advantage.
- Experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of two referees
- PhD Degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.