Who are we looking for ?
The Services as networkS (SaS) research unit is looking for a researcher with experience on the application of DLT/blockchain to 5G and 6G networks. The researcher will carry out research activities revolving around these topics in the research projects of the research unit.
More information on the research unit: https://www.cttc.cat/services-as-networks-sas/
What do we offer?
- We offer a permanent position.
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R2A (More information: https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf)
- Start date: September 2022
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of R2A category with an experience of at least 2 years working on the networking research field after the Master degree.
- Required qualification/skills/ experience:
- Experience in the Catalan research system
- Experience in blockchain, including
- General knowledge about DLT/blockchain-related technologies (incl. different DLT approaches, consensus mechanisms)
- Experience on the architecture and operation of Ethereum-based systems, including smart contracts developed in solidity
- Knowledge on the application of SDN and NFV architectural principles to communication networks
- Publication record
- Having participated in public or privately funded research projects
- Having started PhD studies
- Good English level
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Experience in Internet of Things networking
- Having gained a competitive grant for carrying out research
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- Master degree in computer science, telecommunications (or related field)
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (taxa de d’estabilització) publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022 d’acord amb el RD-llei 14/2021 de mesures urgents per la reducció de la temporalitat en l’ocupació pública i llei 1/2021 de 29 de desembre de pressupostos de la Generalitat de Catalunya per al 2022.
En compliment de la Llei General de Drets de les Persones amb Discapacitat i de la seva Inclusió social s’ acorda la reserva de la plaça en un primer torn per ser coberta entre persones amb un grau de discapacitat igual o superior al 30%
Who are we?
- The Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located at a 10 minute walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.