Who are we looking for ?
The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Permanent Researcher position.
For more information about the PONS Research Unit click here (https://www.cttc.cat/packet-optical-networks-and-services-pons/).
We are looking for an open-minded, empathic person, with ability and motivation to conduct high-quality research, aiming at significantly improving her or his scientific career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
The successful candidate will join the PONS research unit to carry out research in topics related to network security and trust. In particular, the successful candidate is expected to investigate end-to-end multi-domain, zero-touch, intent-based secure slicing and orchestration methods and techniques, including distributed DLT-based trustworthiness management, dealing with massively distributed, heterogenous, disaggregated and multi-stakeholder 6G networks.
What do we offer? :
- We offer a permanent contract.
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R2. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link.
- Start date: September/October 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of R2 category.
- The successful applicant must have a MSc degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. Candidates are required to be enrolled in a PhD program and be in the last stage of its completion.
- The position requires a previous experience of three or more years in the Catalan research system.
- Required qualification/skills/ experience:
– Deep knowledge of multi-domain network slice management and control
– Strong experience in quality of service and security for network slices
– Experience in Distributed DLT-based management for network slices and transport services
– Experience in DLT-based trust reputation management
– Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals and conferences
– Proved participation in H2020 European projects
– Experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies.
– Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
– Knowledge of 3GPP/GSMA end-to-end network slicing architecture and generic network slice Template.
– Excellent programming skills in Python, with experience in open-source projects
– Strong experience in linux programming and system administration
– Hands-on experience in Management and Network Orchestrator (MANO) developments (e.g., OSM, SONATA)
– Hands-on experience in cloud developments (e.g., OpenStack)
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees.
- MSc degree and PhD program enrollment.
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (Taxa d’estabilització ) publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022 d’acord amb el RD-llei 14/2021 de mesures urgents per la reducció de la temporalitat en l’ocupació pública i llei 1/2021 de 29 de desembre de pressupostos de la Generalitat de Catalunya per al 2022.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.