Who are we looking for?
The recently established Geomatics Research Unit (GM RU) is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about the Geomatics Research Unit click here: https://www.cttc.cat/geomatics-gm/.
We offer a full-time temporary position to work in the context of the Spanish Grant PROMETEO, PLEC2021-007842, funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and by the “European Union NextGenerationEU/PRTR”. The candidate will carry out research activities on topics related to Interferometric SAR data processing and analysis.
What do we offer?
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R3A. More information about CTTC professional categories click here.
- We offer a full-time fixed term contract of 12 months.
- The starting date is flexible from July 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives from both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the next skills. Required skills:
- PhD degree in Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Geology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of tools and software for the processing of satellite-based active remote sensing data.
- Knowledge of tools and software for post-processing of satellite-based active remote sensing products.
- Experience with the use of geomatics data: DEM, orthoimages, maps, topographic data, GNSS, etc.
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of different types of active remote sensing data: raster, vector, and geodatabases. Experience with GIS.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills.
- Good publication record in scientific peer-reviewed journals.
- Participation in national and international research projects.
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Experience in international research centres.
- Career distinctions.
- Experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD Degree.
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.