Who are we looking for ?
The Navigation and Positioning Unit (N&P) Research Unit is searching for a talented engineer aiming at significantly improving her or his career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group. For more information about the N&P Research Unit please refer to https://www.cttc.cat/navigation-positioning/.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, empathic person, with passion for engineering, scientific research and desire to learn and explore new technologies. In particular, the successful candidate is expected to participate in the design and development of experimental GNSS receiver’s prototypes and testbeds. It includes among other activities, embedded Linux software programming, middleware programing for efficient interactions and high speed communications between CPUs and FPGAs and control software for integrated RF front-ends.
The successful applicant should have an engineering degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or similar, or 5 years in the profession that accredit a similar level of experience, competency, and relevance.
What do we offer? :
- We offer a postdoc/predoc contract under de GNSS-FLEX Project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- Expected professional category:
Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements. In this case the professional category will be based on the qualifications and experience of the applicant according with CTTC professional categories procedure (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- Tenure track: Career progression with possibility of stabilization trough a permanent structural contract
- Prospect start date: July 2023
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- Possibility to enroll in a Phd Program (Phd fees paid by CTTC)
- Professional career promotion in case to obtain PhD
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week (2 fixed + 1 upon request). Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
- Career path promotion (either professional category and/or annual gross salary)
- Annual productivity upon performance
- Possibility to complement the salary with personal grants
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competencies of the R2 category.
- Required qualification/skills/experience:
- Good knowledge of C and/or Modern C++ for Linux-based embedded systems.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the area of Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
- Implementation skills with Free Open-Source Software (FOSS) for software-defined radio (GNU Radio, GNSS-SDR, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of Graphic Guided Interface (GUI) frameworks: e.g. C++ QT, Web server based GUI frameworks
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Familiarity with the Xilinx System-on-Chip (SoC) development ecosystem (Vitis HLS, Vivado, Petalinux)
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- MS/PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission and successfully passed into the Award Renewal phase in 2023. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code). Our institution’s comprehensive analysis and HRS4R action plan meet all the requirements of progress and quality of our HR policies. CTTC promotes itself as a provider of a stimulating and favourable work environment for researchers.
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.