Dr. Christos Verikoukis has been appointed as the IEEE ComSoc Director of Europe, Middle-East, and Africa Region (EMEA) for the period 2020-2021. As an appointed officer Dr. Verikoukis will be a member of the IEEE ComSoc Board of Governors.
The IEEE Communications Society promotes technological innovation and fosters creation and sharing of information among the global technical community. The Society provides services to members for their technical and professional advancement and forums for technical exchanges among professionals in academia, industry, and public institutions.
It is worth noting that Dr. Verikoukis has significant volunteer activities with IEEE ComSoc.
- 2018-present Member-at-Large GLOBECOM/ICC Technical Content (GITC) Standing Committee
- 2018-present Associate Editor–in–Chief on IEEE Networking Letters
- 2018-2019 Vice-Chair of IEEE Comsoc Technical Committees Board
- 2015-2018 Chair for IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee on Communications Systems Integration & Modelling (CSIM).
- 2014-2015 Vice-Chair for IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee on Communications Systems Integration & Modelling (CSIM).
- 2013-2014 Secretary for IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee on Communications Systems Integration & Modelling (CSIM).
- Symposium Co-Chair in IEEE ICC 2018, IEEE Globecom 2017, IEEE ICC 2016, IEEE Globecom 2015, IEEE ICC 2015
- TPC Co-Chair in IEEE ICT 2017, IEEE LATINCOM 2014, IEEE HealthCom2013
- General Co-Chair of IEEE CAMAD 2018, 2014, 2013 and 2012