Who are we looking for?
The recently established Services as networkS (SaS) Research Unit, a part of the former Mobile Networks department of the Communication Networks Division of the CTTC, is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position to carry out cutting edge research activities related to 6G mobile networks. For more information about SaS please refer to https://www.cttc.cat/services-as-networks-sas/.
What do we offer?
- We offer a permanent contract
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R3. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements
- Career progression
- Prospect start date: March-April 2023
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week. Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competencies of R3 category.
- Required qualification/skills/ experience:
- PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field (40 points)
- At least 10 years of experience in ICT-related research organizations (20 points)
- Good publication record (10 points)
- Strong oral and written English communication skills (10 points)
- Experience from participating in national and/or international research projects with partners from academia and industry and basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g., EC H2020. Having carried out technical management tasks and/or involvement in 5G PPP/SNS working groups is highly appreciated. (10 points)
- Experience in the organization of conferences/workshops/training (10 points)
- Familiar with the requirements of vertical industries for 5G networks, in particular media and PPDR. (10 points)
- Experience from the participation in satellite/NTN research projects and proposals (10 points)
- Understanding of technologies and practical knowledge (implementation, deployment, experimentation) of the tools used in the networking testbeds, particularly those derived from open-source projects. These may include: (60 points)
- Programmable and Virtual networking (e.g., SDN)
- Monitoring and data engineering frameworks (e.g., Prometheus, MQTT)
- Cloud services, virtualization and related tools (Docker, Virtual machines, OpenStack, k8s)
- Framework for automating the deployment and testing of cloud-native environments (e.g., kubespray)
- Programming and data representation skills and related tools (Python, YAML, JSON, …)
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta pública per a l’exercici 2022 com a la taxa conjuntural de conformitat amb l’Acord de Gov/241/2022 de 22 de novembre per la qual s’autoritza l’increment de la plantilla pressupostària en aplicació de la reforma laboral i per a la reducció de la temporalitat en l’ocupació pública. Aprovada pel Patronat del CTTC en data 16/12/2022.
En compliment de la Llei General de Drets de les Persones amb Discapacitat i de la seva Inclusió social s’ acorda la reserva de la plaça en un primer torn per ser coberta entre persones amb un grau de discapacitat igual o superior al 30%
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.