Who are we looking for ?
The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position.
For more information about the PONS Research Unit click here (https://www.cttc.cat/packet-optical-networks-and-services-pons/).
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, empathic person, with passion for research and desire to learn and explore new technologies, aiming at significantly improving her or his professional career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
The successful candidate will join the PONS research unit to carry out research in topics and participate in projects tackled by the RU related to the automatic control, programming, and monitoring of disaggregated packet and optical transport networks. In particular, the successful candidate is expected to conduct experimental implementation and validation activities of deploying configurable network operating systems, transponder agents, transport network monitoring, etc.
What do we offer? :
- We offer a research position in the framework of the Spanish UNICO-5G project, 6G-OPTRAN (Redes de transporte abiertas de paquetes y ópticas para B5G/6G) TSI-063000-2021-23 and TSI-063000-2021-115 with duration till 31/12/2024.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: The position corresponds to the R2 professional category at CTTC.
More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements
- Tenure track: Career progression with possibility of stabilization trough a permanent structural contract
- Prospect start date: January 1st, 2023
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- Possibility to enroll in a Phd Program (Phd fees paid by CTTC)
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week. Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant must have a MSc degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field and should have the competences of R2 category.
- Required qualification/skills/ experience:
- Overall networking concepts and methodologies (e.g., TCP/IP, Ethernet)
- GNU/Linux knowledge for system administration and software development
- Programming skills in one of Python, Java, or C/C++ languages.
- Strong motivation and desire to learn and explore new technologies
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Testbed management and proof-of-concept / demo skills (e.g., GUIs and supporting applications)
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV and the contact details of two potential referees
- MSc degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.