Who are we looking for?
The Geomatics Research Unit (GM RU) is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about the Geomatics Research Unit visit https://www.cttc.cat/geomatics-gm/.
We offer a full-time position to work in the technical and scientific fields of geodesy, navigation, positioning, and remote sensing. The position is meant to develop scientific activities in cooperation with the researchers of the GM RU of CTTC, and to participate in the research projects of the same RU.
What do we offer?
- We offer a permanent contract.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate.
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- CTTC category: R3. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf.
- Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements.
- Prospect start date: February 2023.
- Career progression.
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more.
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week. Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance.
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and families.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of R3 category (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf) plus:
- Required qualification/skills/experience:
- PhD degree in Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Capacity to carrying out experimental work in seamless indoor/outdoor positioning.
- Capacity to carrying out experimental work in microwave remote sensing.
- Hardware integration skills in seamless indoor/outdoor positioning, including experience with GNSS, IMUs, cameras, etc.
- Hardware integration skills in microwaves technologies, including radars, antennas, active corner reflectors, etc.
- Experience in the interaction with researchers as well as technology transfer staff.
- Programming skills (C/C++, Java, etc.).
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Experience in international research centres.
- Experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies.
- Experience in managing research tasks, work packages, etc.
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply. The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees.
- The PhD degree.
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially.
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta pública per a l’exercici 2022 com a la taxa conjuntural de conformitat amb l’Acord de Gov/241/2022 de 22 de novembre per la qual s’autoritza l’increment de la plantilla pressupostària en aplicació de la reforma laboral i per a la reducció de la temporalitat en l’ocupació pública. Aprovada pel Patronat del CTTC en data 16/12/2022.
En compliment de la Llei General de Drets de les Persones amb Discapacitat i de la seva Inclusió social s’ acorda la reserva de la plaça en un primer torn per ser coberta entre persones amb un grau de discapacitat igual o superior al 30%.
Who are we?
The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
The CTTC is in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies, and start-ups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city centre of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centres, public schools, and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
We have two buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable workspaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical, and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.