Who are we looking for ?
The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position.
For more information about the PONS Research Unit click here (https://www.cttc.cat/packet-optical-networks-and-services-pons/).
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, empathic person, with passion for research and desire to learn and explore new technologies, aiming at significantly improving her or his professional career in a stimulating environment and within a dynamic and internationally recognized research group.
The successful candidate will join the PONS research unit to carry out research in topics and participate in projects tackled by the RU related to the automatic control, programming, and monitoring of disaggregated packet and optical transport networks. In particular, the successful candidate is expected to conduct experimental implementation and validation activities of deploying configurable network operating systems, transponder agents, transport network monitoring, etc.
What do we offer?
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate, qualifications and work experience and can be 28000-30000 €/year (gross).
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: The position corresponds to the R2A professional category at CTTC. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- We offer a fixed-term contract with a duration of 25 months.
- Start date: Flexible, from November 1st, 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of R2A category, including a BSc and/or MSc degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Required qualification/skills/ experience:
- Overall networking concepts and methodologies (TCP/IP, Ethernet, SDN)
- Software development in GNU/Linux environments
- GNU/Linux knowledge for system administration tools
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or C/C++ with experience in small and medium-sized projects
- Strong motivation and desire to learn and explore new technologies
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- MSc degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Familiar with open-source networking solutions such as ONF ONOS, OCP ONL, etc.
- Familiar with monitoring and telemetry network tools
- Knowledge in packet and optical transport technologies
- Know-how on measurement automation and instrumentation control protocols
- RESTful APIs, gRPC, gNMI, NETCONF protocol
- YANG data model
- Client/server applications
- Testbed management and proof-of-concept / demo skills (e.g., GUIs and supporting applications)
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV and the contact details of two potential referees
- BSc and/or MSc degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.