Who are we looking for ?
The OpenSim research unit of the CTTC is searching for interested candidates in a R3-Senior Researcher position in its OpenSim research unit. For more information about the Research Unit please refer to https://www.cttc.cat/open-simulations-opensim/
What do we offer?
- We offer a permanent contract.
- The position corresponds to the R3 (Senior Researcher) professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience and renewals will be possible depending on the successful candidate performance. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- The starting date is flexible from November 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of the R3 category (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Categories-professionals-unificades-1.pdf). Among them, the next ones are desired.
- Proven establishment of cooperation and collaboration with external entities in industrial R&D projects and competitive funds.
- Proven experience in identifying research problems and opportunities in the areas of research aligned with the OpenSim research unit’s lines (spectrum management, RAN simulation modeling, ns-3 simulator, vehicular communications, radio resource management, AIML, Open RAN)
- Good publication track record, being first author of publications in one or more areas of the OpenSim research lines.
- Experience in research methodology and proposals preparation.
- At lest 5 years of experience in the leadership or autonomous execution of industrial R&D projects in one or more areas of the OpenSim research lines. Excellence in the execution of the industrial projects, i.e., excellent evaluation of the project execution by the industrial partners and renewals of the industrial projects.
- Excellent knowledge of the technological needs of the industrial sector.
- Excellent knowledge of 3GPP 5G and beyond 5G technologies, as well as IEEE technologies.
- High experience with 3GPP/IEEE standardization process and demonstrated capacity for generating ideas in fields standardized by 3GPP/IEEE.
- Excellent knowledge of wireless communications, with special emphasis on AIML applied to communications, O-RAN, and 3GPP technologies for vehicular communications.
- At least 5 years of experience in open source network simulators, ns-3 or another, with participation in open source communities, community events, and leading the execution of projects using open source network simulator.
- Demonstrated leading role in the development of completely new 3GPP wireless modules of ns-3 or another network simulator. Experience in the full-stack 4G or 5G development (PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, NAS, EPC).
- Excellent programming skills in C++- , more than 10 years (senior level). Experience in CI/CD workflow management. Experience in the development and usage of databases to perform simulation campaigns and post-process data.
- Experience in using AIML tools such as R-Tool, Matlab, or similar.
- Knowledge of the most recent advances in the area of AIML aplied to communications, such as Deep Learning, is a plus.
- Maintenance level of ns-3 modules or demonstrated experience in solving bugs and contributing their solutions to ns-3 or another open-source simulator.
- Excellent knowledge of 5G NR V2X standard and NR V2X system-level simulation is a plus.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV including contact details
- PhD degree or more tan 5 years in research (after MS) that certify a similar level of experience, competences and relevance.
- Cover letter
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (Taxa de reposició) publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.