Who are we looking for ?
The Packet Optical Networks and Services (PONS) Research Unit (RU) is looking for a skilled hand-on postdoc researcher to enhance the whiteboxes that are deployed in the Edge and in the Cell sites. The postdoc researcher shall introduce Smart Network Interface Cards (SmartNICs) to enhance the capacities of the whitebox to process data flows. Moreover, to incorporate hardware components for Artificial Intelligence (AI) to accelerate processes such as learning and inference of models directly over the data flows in the whitebox data plane. The postdoc researcher shall collaborate with other RU members and external organizations to reach the proposed objectives.
What do we offer?
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R2C. More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- We offer a full-time temporary position to work in the context of the Spanish Grant, Tarjetas de red inteligentes para whiteboxes (6GMICROSDN-SMARTNICS), TSI-063000-2021-19.
- Start date: 1/10/2022
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of R2C.
- Required qualification/skills/experience:
– A PhD on Telecommunications or Computer Sciences
– Knowledge of hardware-based network acceleration mechanisms (e.g., FPGA, GPU, TPU)
– Knowledge of AI/ML applied to network traffic analysis
– Hands-on experience on experimental demonstrations
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
– Knowledge of P4 whiteboxes programming
– Knowledge of IP router management protocols, such as OpenConfig.
– Knowledge of Linux as administrator
– Very good communication skills in oral and written English.
– Demonstrable programming skills
– Ability and motivation to conduct high-quality research, including publishing the results in relevant venues
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.