Who are we looking for?
The Space and Resilient Communications and Systems unit is looking for a senior researcher in field of integrated terrestrial-satellite communications, including secure connectivity aspects. The researcher will perform activities in the intersection of software defined satellite and terrestrial systems and applied machine learning. For further information regarding the unit activity please visit
What do we offer?:
- We offer a permanent structural contract
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R3
More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link: (https://www.cttc.cat/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CTTC-Professional-categories.pdf).
- Exceptional candidates may be considered even if they do not meet all the requirements
- Tenure track: Career progression
- Prospect start date: 01/01/2023
- Continuous training, access to lab facilities, state of the art infrastructure and polyvalent working spaces, participation in scientific events and R&D projects, complementary skills development.
- We have great benefits for employees:
- Paid time off: vacation (33 working days per year), holidays, sick and parental leave and more
- Up to 3 days of Telework per week (2 fixed + 1 upon request). Other requests may be studied to accommodate special needs.
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Tax-free optional benefits: restaurant ticket, nursery ticket, transport pass, private health insurance for employees and family.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competencies of R3 category.
- A doctoral degree in telecommunications, electrical engineering, aerospace or similar.
- Research proficiency proven by publishing at least two articles in scientific papers that belong to the top tier IEEE journals as main author.
- Good knowledge of the English language, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in participation and leadership of tasks in at least 3 research projects and project proposal preparation.
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Willingness to work in NewSpace communications related research lines.
Even if you do not meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
The candidates’ past performance but also future potential will be considered as criteria for selecting researchers.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.*
Convocatòria corresponent a l’addenda de l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (Taxa de reposició) publicada al DOGC núm. 8705, de 8 de juliol de 2022.
In compliance with the General Law on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and their Social Inclusion, it is agreed to reserve a place in the first round to be covered between people with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 30%.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.