Who are we looking for ?
The OpenSim research unit of the CTTC is looking for interested candidates in a R2-Research position in its OpenSim research unit. For more information about the Research Unit please refer to https://www.cttc.cat/open-simulations-opensim/. The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science. We offer a permanent position to work on the design and development of 5G RAN and beyond cellular networks, including distributed RAN architectures, and to work on the maintenance, exploitation, and design of ns-3 5G-LENA module.
What do we offer? :
- We offer a permanent contract
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R2 (Researcher). More information about CTTC professional categories can be found at this link.
- Start date: September/October 2022
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of R2 category.
- PhD degree is required for this position.
- The position requires a previous experience of three or more years in the Catalan research system.
- Required qualification/skills/experience:
- Deep knowledge of cellular mobile communication systems, LTE/NR
- Experience in implementation of system level simulators, with background in the design of scalable and high fidelity system simulations
- Strong experience and capability in the system level evaluation of wireless cellular systems
- Strong oral and written English communication skills and a strong publication record
- Proved participation in European/industrial projects
- Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Knowledge of 3GPP 4G, 5G, and beyond 5G cellular technologies, including radio resource management and SDN/NFV
- Previous experience at developer level with ns-3, with knowledge of ns-3 module development and ns-3 event scheduling, development toolchain waf, and ns-3 test environment
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Python and Knowledge of Linux distributions and command line interface, including shell/bash scripting and system variables
- Demonstrated previous experience with debugging tools like gdb and Valgrind and Knowledge of Integrated development environments (IDE), e.g., Eclipse, Kdevelop, or NetBeans and having developed simulation execution automation tools
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of two potential referees
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (Taxa d’estabilització) publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022 d’acord amb el RD-llei 14/2021 de mesures urgents per la reducció de la temporalitat en l’ocupació pública i llei 1/2021 de 29 de desembre de pressupostos de la Generalitat de Catalunya per al 2022.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC received the “HR Excellence in Research” award in 2015 from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute’s commitment to develop a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.