Who are we looking for?
The recently established Sustainable Artificial Intelligence Research Unit (SAI RU) is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about Sustainable Artificial Intelligence Research Unit click here and https://supercom.cttc.es/
We offer a full-time temporary position to work in the context of the Research and Innovation projects of the SAI RU. The candidate will carry out research activities on topics related to Artificial Intelligence (AI), SDN/NFV, design and implementation algorithm for Anomaly and Intrusion Detection.
What do we offer?
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- CTTC category: R2
- We offer a full-time fixed term contract until March 2024
- Start date: tentatively June 2022
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the next skills.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills.
- Good knowledge of V2X, AI driven communications.
- Good knowledge of machine learning-based algorithms for cybersecurity.
- Implementation skills with Free Open Source Software (FOSS): Vanetza, OpenV2X, and logging with ELK.
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions and Magazines)
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of machine learning, optimization or statistics.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry is also an advantage.
- Knowledge of 5G routers and 3GPP standards.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of two referees
- MSc Degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC has been working towards implementing the points of the Charter and Code (C&C), fulfilling the requirements of the “Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)” (https://www.cttc.cat/talent/hrs4r/).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.