Who are we looking for ?
The recently established Geomatics Research Unit (GM RU) is searching for interested candidates in a Researcher position. For more information about the Geomatics Research Unit click here: http://geomatics.cttc.es/.
The successful applicant should have a PhD degree in Geomatics, Telecommunications, Information Engineering, Computer Science or closely related fields. We offer a position to work in the context of the Remote Sensing group of the GM RU. The candidate will carry out research activities on topics related to Active Remote Sensing.
What do we offer? :
We offer a permanent contract.
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- Annual gross salary according to the profile of the candidate
- Full-time contract: 7,5 h/day. Flexibility
- The position corresponds R2C professional category at CTTC. The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. More information about CTTC professional categories.
- The starting date is flexible from July 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the next skills.
- PhD degree in Geomatics, Telecommunications, Information Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills.
- Good knowledge of spaceborne and terrestrial radar systems.
- Good knowledge of Active Remote Sensing.
- Experience with space-borne Differential SAR interferometry: data processing and analysis.
- Experience with ground-based SAR and RAR.
- Implementation skills with Matlab, C, C++ or Python.
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Good publication record in top scientific peer-reviewed journals.
- Good knowledge of analytical skills in the areas of signal processing and optimization.
- Experience from participating in national and international research projects with partners from academia and industry.
- Experience in international research centres.
- Career distinctions.
- Experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies.
How to apply?
Researchers interested in joining the GM Research Unit should send their curriculum vitae in PDF format through this online application. No applications received by email will be taken consideration into for the position.
All applications must include:
- Full CV, including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of two references.
- PhD Degree.
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION.*
CVs and any other information gathered during this process will be handled confidentially
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (Taxa d’estabilització ) publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022 d’acord amb el RD-llei 14/2021 de mesures urgents per la reducció de la temporalitat en l’ocupació pública i llei 1/2021 de 29 de desembre de pressupostos de la Generalitat de Catalunya per al 2022.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC has been working towards implementing the points of the Charter and Code (C&C), fulfilling the requirements of the “Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)” (https://www.cttc.cat/talent/hrs4r/).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.
To apply for this job please visit www.cttc.cat.