Who are we looking for ?
The recently established Navigation & Positioning (N&P) Research Unit is searching for interested candidates in a R4- Research Director position. For more information about the Research Unit click here: https://www.cttc.cat/navigation-positioning/.
We offer a full-time permanent position to work carrying out original and relevant investigation activities in the framework of CTTC’s fundamental research, testbeds and proof-of-concepts, exploring new approaches and their applicability in the scope of challenging environments for positioning and navigation systems (urban canyon, indoor navigation, high dynamics, GNSS for the space user, satellite-based PNT services, the ”trusted” GNSS receiver, etc.).
What do we offer?
We offer a permanent contract.
- We have great benefits for employees: conciliation measures (33 business days of vacation, teleworking plan, flexible hours); We complement leaves for temporary disability, tax-free benefits (restaurant ticket, childcare center, commute and medical insurance), continuous training.
- The position corresponds to the R4 (Research Director) professional category at CTTC.
- The rank and salary will be determined according to qualifications and work experience. More information about CTTC professional categories.
- Full-time contract : 7,5 h/day. Flexibility.
- The starting date is flexible from July 2022.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person, aiming at significantly improving his or her career perspectives in both public and private sectors. The successful applicant should have the competences of the R4 category). Among them, the next ones are stand out.
- PhD degree in Geomatics, Telecommunications, Information Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Outstanding oral and writing English skills.
- Solid track of scientific publications with a high number of citations or impact
- Ability to promote and carry out relevant and original research on the field of Navigation
- Proven experience in the management and leadership of R&D national and/or international research projects with partners from academia and industry and basic experience in preparation of research grant proposals for funding agencies, e.g., EC H2020
- Proven ability to guarantee long-term funding of research projects.
- Long list of people trained under their supervision or management and, as the case may be, their current professional relevance.
- Excellent communication abilities.
Other skills that are valuable, but not mandatory are:
- Excellent understanding of the Signal Processing fundamentals involved in Global Navigation Satellite System receivers, and the aim to expand this knowledge.
- Practical knowledge (implementation, deployment, experimentation) on radio-frequency front-ends for navigation.
- Knowledge of software-defined radio concepts and frameworks (GNU Radio, GNSS-SDR) and related programming skills (C++, Python, Matlab).
- List of relevant IPR contributions, and in particular, royalty contracts.
- Knowledge on data fusion for navigation.
- Knowledge on GNSS signal acquisition and tracking.
- Knowledge on GNSS observables and PVT algorithms.
- Market knowledge in the field of GNSS receivers and related technologies.
How to apply?
All applications must include:
- A complete CV including contact details Including a list of publications and name (email address, etc.) of two referees.
- PhD degree
- Cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.
The application documents must be submitted in pdf format through this online application.
*ONLY APPLICATIONS VIA WEB https://www.cttc.cat/talent/careers/job-openings/ WILL BE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION.*
Convocatòria corresponent a l’oferta d’ocupació pública per a l’exercici 2022 (taxa de reposició) publicada al DOGC núm. 8660, de 4 de maig de 2022.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
CTTC seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. CTTC is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Who are we?
- The Center Tecnològic de Telecomunicaciones de Catalunya (CTTC) is a non-profit public sector research institution dedicated to fundamental and applied research activities, focused mainly on technologies related to the physical, data link and network layers of communication systems and Geomatics.
- CTTC has been working towards implementing the points of the Charter and Code (C&C), fulfilling the requirements of the “Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)” (https://www.cttc.cat/talent/hrs4r/).
- The CTTC is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Technological Park of Castelldefels, a science park that houses the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, research institutions, innovative companies and startups. The PMT-UPC is located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and the city center of Castelldefels, also close to childcare centers, public schools and the best international schools. It can be reached by car, train (RENFE) and various bus lines.
- We have 2 buildings on campus, with state-of-the-art facilities, comfortable work spaces, meeting rooms, and multipurpose spaces, as well as social spaces.
- The institute has a multicultural environment with more than 130 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world.
CTTC offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The CTTC seeks to increase the presence of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages them to stand as candidates.
It is also committed to increasing the number of people with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages their applications.