This is the main motivation of GREEN-T, which aims at providing innovative solutions for enabling power saving for multi-standard mobile terminals in heterogeneous wireless systems. GREEN-T will also provide proof-of-concept through simulations and demonstration. The major objectives of GREEN-T can be listed are:
· Flexible RF and antenna technique designs, whose main goal is low power transceivers.
· Innovative network and node discovery mechanisms to provide mobile terminals with all connectivity possibilities to select the most energy efficient connection.
· Cooperative strategies for PHY, MAC and Network layers to achieve energy efficiency and save battery power of mobile terminals, while maintain the required QoS.
· Demonstrate how context information can be used by cooperative strategies to achieve power efficiency at the wireless interface of mobile devices and extend battery lifetime.
· Light weight security mechanisms for short-range cooperative strategies to avoid malicious and selfish security attacks.
· Green vertical handover algorithms which use context information to guarantee that mobile terminals are always connected to the most energy efficient RAT.