Dini, Paolo - PhD
- Research Associate
- IP Technologies
- +34 93 645 29 16 Ext: 2132
- +34 93 645 29 01
From 2001 to 2005 he worked as a research assistant in the Computer Science and Systems (DIS) and Information and Communication Theory (INFOCOM)departments of Università di Roma "La Sapienza".
In 2005 he worked with the Research Center on Software Technologies (RCOST) as a research assistant.
In the same year he was also an assistant professor at INFOCOM department lecturing the course of "Comunicazioni Elettriche".
In February 2006 he joined IP Technologies Area of CTTC as a post doc researcher. Since November 2006 he is a Research Associate in the IP Technologies Area.
Here below, a list of Paolo’s past participation in research projects.
• EU SUITED (Multi Segment System for Broadband Ubiquitous Access to Internet Services and Demonstrator)
• EU VIRTUOUS (Virtual Home UMTS on Satellite)
• EU SAILOR (Satellite Integrated UMTS Emulator)
• EU NATACHA (Network Architecture and Technologies for Airborne
Communication of Internet High Bandwidth Application)
• EU IMAGES (Integrated Multiservice Architecture for Next Generation Service)
• EU PLANETS (Platforms for Networked Service delivery)
• CENIT mIO! (Technologies for offering Mobility Services in a Future Smart Universe)
• EU BeFemto (Broadband Evolved Femto Networks)
• Large scale ad-hoc network (Marconi Selenia, Italy) - routing for ad-hoc networks
• Video over Wireless (Vodafone, Italy) - QoS support for video transmission over 3G networks
• FREEDOM (Orange, Spain) - Voice over IP, wireless heterogeneous networks
• DESSERT (Cisco, USA) - distributed mobility in wireless heterogeneous networks
• FemtoCore (industry, Spain) - femtocells
• IPANEMA (Cisco, USA) - data striping, network coding
Paolo’s research interest areas encompass wireless networking in general.
More in detail:
• Energy efficient and energy-aware wireless networking
• Radio Resource and Mobility management
• Quality of Service/Quality of Experience provision
• Self-organizing networks
G. Piro, M. Miozzo, G. Forte, N. Baldo, L.A. Grieco, G. Boggia, P. Dini, HetNets Powered by Renewable Energy Sources - Sustainable Next-Generation Cellular Networks, IEEE Internet Computing, February 2013.
P. Dini, J. Nin Guerrero, N. Baldo, S. Addeppalli, Inter-Packet Encoding to Minimize Data Block Transfer Delay in Multipath Communications, in proceedings of Wireless Communication and Networking Conferences (IEEE WCNC 2013), Shanghai, China, 7-10 April 2013.
B. Bojovic, N. Baldo, P. Dini, A Cognitive Scheme for Radio Admission Control in LTE systems, in Proceedings of 3rd International Workshop on Cognitive Information Processing (CIP), 28-30 May 2012, Parador de Baiona (Spain)